The City has identified 18 firehouses and EMS stations across the five boroughs where residents can donate diapers, baby food, batteries, first aid supplies and feminine hygiene products according to a joint release from Councilman Antonio Reynoso and Councilspeaker Melissa Mark Viverito.
For Ridgewood residents, the closest station sits on the border of Ridgewood and Bushwick:
- Engine 271 /Ladder 124:392 Himrod Street,Brooklyn, NY 11237 (Bushwick)
Other stations in Brooklyn and Queens include:
- Engine 277/ Ladder 112: 582 Knickerbocker Avenue, Brooklyn,NY 11221 (Bushwick)
- Engine 201/ Ladder 114: 5113 4th Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11220 (Sunset Park)
- Engine 228: 436 39th Street, Brooklyn, NY, 11232 (Sunset Park)
- Engine 218: 650 Hart Street, Brooklyn, NY 11221 (Bushwick)
- Engine 316: 27-12 Kearney Street, Queens, NY 11369 (East Elmhurst)
Alternatively, those who wish to help out can text UNIDOS to 41444 and/or contact the Hispanic Federation, which has established its own Hurricane Relief Fund to aid those in Puerto Rico affected by Hurricane Maria. For more info, visit http://hispanicfederation.org.